Tuesday, 31 March 2009

What should I do over the Easter holiday? I know...English homework!


We spent time looking at the final few chapters this week. As well as reading one or two chapters 'closely' to discover Roy's narrative methods, we also discussed how Roy presents both love and the caste system.

Over the holiday, you need to write an answer to the God of Small Things specimen exam paper.
a) How does Roy tell the story in Chapter 10?
b) 'The perspectives of the children heighten the tragedy and pain of the novel.' How would you respond to this statement?

I also strongly advise you to re-read both of the texts over the holiday.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/specials/133_wbc_archive_new/page5.shtml

    8 from the top is:
    Arundhati Roy answering questions on - The God of Small Things.

    i think this is what tom mentioned...its pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the exam do we have about an hour to answer both part a) and b) of Section A?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah Toby, it is one hour for section A completely, and one hour for section B. p.s. lol ketlet? understandable typo

    ReplyDelete